We all know that recognising our team members is valuable, however, I have a challenge for you. I challenge you all to not just provide a token recognition, I want to suggest igniting your creative talents. Think about the difference an award makes when it is personalised when it is special, and when it is sometimes enormous in its perceived value. The award can be just a simple bottle of Powerade, don’t underestimate the perceived value to the recipient.
At Pentana Solutions we subscribe to the theory of different awards and recognition for different people. We have two types of awards, those that are open for anyone to win each quarter or year and those that are designed to recognise the moments that are very special to individual people. I’ve written down a list of some of the awards and recognition we offer.
- Quiet Achiever Award
- Best team Player Award
- Making Customer Happy Award (presented each quarter)
- Quarterly Excellence Award
- Life Saver Award
- Innovation of the Year Award
- Rookie of the Year Award
- Consistent Performer Award
- Innovations High Achiever Award
- Customers Services Customer Excellence Award
- Future Star of the year award
- Sales Achievement Award
- Sales Top Achiever Award
- Extra Mile Award
- Rising Star Award
- R.I.T.C.H. (Respect, Integrity, Trust, Communication, Honesty) Award
- Management Leadership Award
- Award for Continuing Excellence (ACE)
And then there are the awards to inspire competition and motivation:
- Bottle of Powerade for every staff member when we released eraPower
- The first person to sell a new product – receives an unforgettable experience ie – gets a flight in a fighter jet, or hot laps race car experience
- Ice creams for everyone when we hit end of month results
- Ringing the bell when we welcome a new customer
- Recognition on stage for the best Pentana Solutions video from our Pentana Solutions Academy
I hope this list above inspires you to make sure every one of your staff is recognised in a personal, unique and special way.
To read the previous edition of the ‘A Closer Look with Steve Kloss’ series, click here.